Friday, May 28, 2010

Eurovision Song Contest

Last night I went to dinner at some friends' place. They got married about a month ago and they seem happy and we looked at pictures and I said 'ah' and 'oooh' at the right places and meant it most of the times.
But we are so young. I've known the girl since we were infants. It just occurred to me that besides my parents, she might be the person I've seen on most days out of my entire life. For A LOT of years I saw her every single day.
And now she's married. And she seems so... married. She says things that you expect a married woman to say. She warns you about not touching the thing she just took out of the own because it will be very, very hot. She could recite the wedding menu exactly the way it had been printed. And she was just so happy about it.
Now, I really do think they love each other and I'm happy for them and all that, but this whole wedding thingy scares the crap out of me. Is this what we aim for? Do I really want to find true love if it means I'm going to be all practical and memorize strange food with weird names that I'm never ever going to eat again. Will I some day actually want to wear a white dress?

Argh! I don't know... I don't think being married is for everybody. I hope there are other kinds of true love - maybe even a kind that won't someday turn me into my mother.

(sorry mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment